Posts by :
A casual vacancy has occurred within the council, please see attached notice
Parish elections are due to be held on May 4th 2023, if you could make a difference in our parish then we need you!
If you have a concern regarding crime in the parish then please come along to the village hall between 6pm and 7pm on Thursday 26th Jan to raise your concern with one of our PCSO’s
Community Speedwatch (CSW) is a national initiative where, in partnership with the police, members of communities use detection devices to monitor local vehicle speeds.
The volunteers report drivers exceeding the speed limit to the police with the aim of educating drivers to slow down.
If the data proves a driver is ignoring repeated warnings police can prosecute them. The aim is to:
- reduce death and injury on the roads
- improve the quality of life for local communities
- reduce the speed of vehicles to the speed limit
- increase public awareness of inappropriate speed
The group has successfully identified areas of the parish that need closer monitoring and speed indicator devices have been installed. To keep this much valued community group going we need volunteers. Training is provided by Staffordshire police and on average you would need to commit just one hour per month of your time.
Interested? Email the clerk on [email protected]
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
STAFFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL (IVETSEY ROAD, BELL HURST LANE AND LAPLEY ROAD, WHEATON ASTON)
(40 MPH SPEED LIMIT) ORDER 20**
- Staffordshire County Council propose to make an Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, to impose a 40-mph speed limit on Ivetsey Road, Bell Hurst Lane and Lapley Road (Wheaton Aston).
- Documents may be examined during office hours at 1 Staffordshire Place, Tipping Street, Stafford, ST16 2DH and during opening hours at Brewood Library, Newport Street, Brewood, Staffordshire or at www.staffordshire.gov.uk/trafficregulationorders
- Objections should be sent in writing to: Strategic Asset and Network Management, Highways, 2 Staffordshire Place, Tipping Street, Stafford, ST16 2DH or to: [email protected] not later than 25 January 2023 quoting reference HoCPS/TM/TR34/22 and stating the grounds on which they are made.
28 December 2022
John Tradewell, Director of Corporate Services,
1 Staffordshire Place, Tipping Street, Stafford, ST16 2DH.