M54 Junctions 2-3 and 4-5 Concrete Renewal Work
Work will take place on the M54 between junctions 2 to 3 westbound, and 4 to 5 eastbound. The work will involve repairs of the concrete road surface and replacement of road markings and studs. Due to the concrete needing time to set to the required strength, this work will be carried out under several phased weekend closures of the M54 motorway.
M54 junctions 2 to 3 westbound:
• Friday 21 to Monday 24 January 2022
• Friday 28 to Monday 31 January 2022
• Friday 4 to Monday 7 February 2022
• Friday 11 to Monday 14 February 2022
• Friday 18 to Monday 21 February 2022
These works will be carried out under full weekend closures of the M54 westbound from 8pm on Friday to 6am on Monday. Junctions 2 to 3 westbound traffic will be diverted via the A449, A5 and A41. This route is 15.4 miles and will add approximately 7 minutes to journey times. Please see the Westbound diversion map.
M54 junctions 4 to 5 eastbound:
• Friday 25 to Monday 28 February 2022 – Overnight closures of the M54 eastbound between junctions 5 and 4, from 8pm to 6am each day. Traffic will be diverted via Rampart Way, A442 and A464. Please see the Eastbound diversion map.
• Saturday 26 to Sunday 27 February – Weekend daytime closure of M54 junction 4 eastbound exit slip road and eastbound lane 1 closure from junction 5 to junction 4. Work will be carried out from 6am to 8pm each day. Traffic will be diverted to continue to junction 3 and turn around back to junction 4.
• Friday 4 to Monday 7 March 2022 – Weekend closure of the M54 eastbound between the junction 4 entry and exit slip roads from 8pm on Friday to 6am on Monday. Traffic will be diverted up and over the junction via the slip roads.